Tuesday 5 June 2012

Fly Fishing

A Christmas present to myself this year was a Fly Fishing Kit.  I can't fly fish and it's something I've always wanted to do so it seemed like a good idea at the time!  Several hours of playing around and watching a teach yourself DVD as well as all the How To's on youtube and I was out fishing.  It may not be the best cast in the world and I've lost more flies than I dare admit, but it's good fun.  As Winter is now here I'm not doing much, after all, who wants to be stood out in the freezing cold (it's snowing as I type).  In warmer winter days I shall be out trying to perfect my cast.  I've included some pictures below and plan to keep this blog updated to share my fishing adventures over the next few years.  Hopefully we can all see some improvement, and I may actually provide a regular fish meal for the Whanua!

The first fish I caught on a fly

The first fish I caught that was worth keeping


No comments:

Post a Comment